한녕하세요! 태국에 오신 것을 환영합니다 .... Welcome to Tourism Thailand's Blog......*Thailand is Safe to Visit. Avoid the obvious protest areas. Those are easy to avoid.Even at the protest areas you will be treated kindly or with indifference. I must suggest at this point to not be lulled. I expect the peaceful protestors will be attacked with deadly force. Combat should be expected at some protest area.For vacations, Thailand remains fine and safe. Hotels are becoming pleasantly affordable, from already great prices. Folks who have never been able to stay in a 5-star hotel, this is your moment........NOT "Occupy" Bangkok. The Whistlers are not a Mob. Mob is a bad word. A mob is a large group that is out of control, such as the Thaksin mob of 2010 who set Central World and about three dozen buildings ablaze, while they shot bullets and grenades downtown. That mob shot the Dusit Thani hotel with an RPG. The Whistlers' Revolution is not a mob but a huge peaceful group who demand change.The Whistlers' are NOT doing an "Occupy Bangkok" in the sense that Americans think of Occupy Wall Street. Back home in America, I saw some of the "occupy" protestors. It was a clown protest led by clowns. The only thing they were missing were giant red shoes. The Whistlers are not clowns. The Whistlers are a serious group of people with just cause for their actions.If you call this "Occupy Bangkok," many of the most serious Americans will think it is a circus led by clowns. This is not the case. This is a serious showdown by serious people.For me, this is the Whistlers' Revolution, January Bangkok Showdown.We all know that provocateurs will attack. They already have begun. Keep the cameras ready and show the world........Thanks for Michael Yon




All VDO for Tourism & Hospitality in Thailand

Wednesday 31 August 2011

Thailand - Bangkok


If I cast back my mind, I really can't say exactly when I started to have the desire to visit Thailand.. I only remember that it was a very long time ago.. Possibly inspired by my mother who would tell me about her friend who frequently went to there and kept saying that it was the best place in the world... That combined with my love of the Asian and the exotic would most certainly have something to do with it.


My very first visit was back in 1992 when on a spur of the moment decision I decided to fly to Bangkok with my youngest son to visit my sister and her, what was to be future husband. At the time they were backpacking around Asia.. My youngest son has always been the one to return to the fold at Christmas time.. so when he phoned and asked me what we were doing for Xmas.. I immediately said.. Let's to to Thailand...


After a pretty tedious and grim journey we finally arrived in Bangkok.. My lovely sister and partner were waiting for us and off we went to the wackiest and most adorable typical teak guest house you could possibly imagine.. Exhausted after the trip we crashed out and didn't surface till the next day!


In those days it was custom to leave your shoes at the front door of the hostels, it was also the norm to help yourself to tea, coffee, breakfast, you then jotted down what you had had in a little notebook. At the end of your stay you simply added up your list and informed the owner how much you owed them. Long past gone are those delightful little details.



That first morning in Bangkok will stay in my memory forever, I just kept thinking "Oh my God, all those hours of awful journey has been worth it just to see this beautiful place"

Bangkok known in Thai as "Krungthepmahanakhon Amornrattanakosin Mahintharayutthaya Mahadilokphop Noppharat Ratchathaniburirom Udomratchaniwetmahasathan Amonphiman Awatansathit Sakkathattiyawitsanukamprasit" is the longest name in the world for a city... or Krung Thep meaning "City of Angels" Most of you probably know this.. but I thought I would add it just in case somebody didn't.

How do I begin to describe this incredible city?. Bangkok is a unique experience that you will never ever find anywhere else in the world. It won’t matter how many people you ask to describe Bangkok, everyone will give you a different perception and opinion. I can only voice my feelings for this amazing city and if it differs from others, well it’s my way of seeing it.



Bangkok is a mixture of delightful and decadent, modern and traditional, calm and chaos, hedonism and Buddhism. From towering shiny skyscrapers to squalid slums, from poorly clad street vendors tiredly pushing their carts full of wares, to the very latest and most luxurious cars you could ever wish to see. Super chic shopping malls with the very latest designer fashions to labyrinths of cheap markets for off the peg clothes, Elegant roof top five star dining to literally thousands of food stands where eating is an adventure in itself and every dish is delicious.

Wonderful smiling people with an incredible culture, and an awesome philosophy. Bangkok is a harsh reality of life and a city of innumerable contrasts of which one will never tire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LIKE DEPARTMENT OF TOURISM AS ENGLISH VERSION FACEBOOK'S PAGE !!

Welcome to Thailand as The Land of Smaile and Amazing Thailand.!!

Airbus A380

All Attraction and All Tourism News in Thailand

Office of Tourism Development

Picture Prepared by : Mandarin Oriental, Bangkok, Thailand ! ove Bangkok? Love Photography? Join us tomorrow at 6 PM Bangkok Time
as we Savereveal our ‘Valentines themed’
Thanks !!